August is upon us and it is once again time to set our monthly goal for the lovely year of finishes. I was tempted to be a bit disappointed in my progress (or lack thereof) in July. I had hoped to finish quilting my 2012 Craftsy BOM quilt, but I wasn’t successful in achieving the goal I set for myself. As I reflected on the month and what I had achieved, I was pleased with myself.
- About half of the Craftsy project is quilted.
- I pieced a Christmas wall hanging that I be debuting later this week.
- I worked on the prototype of some Christmas potholders I would like to share with friends during the holidays.
- I mended items keepsake items for members of my family.
- I ministered to the needs of grieving family members.
- I excelled at my day job and received numerous compliments on my work.
- I (finally) gave my home a little TLC in the decoration department.
I could list more achievements outside of quilting, but I think you get the point. Overall, July was a great success. So, I didn’t quilt as much as I wanted to, but in the grand scheme of things, I was pleased with my progress. And as for next month…well, hopefully, I will finally finish quilting that darn Craftsy throw! Stay tuned for a progress report and don’t forget to check back Friday for my stop on the Ho Ho Ho Blog Hop and a juicy, tempting giveaway!
Until then, I’m linking up with a Lovely Year of Finishes who graciously have not put a limit on the number of times you can put the same item on the goal list!