It’s been a while since I’ve been on the blog, but my heart has been with you all. I’ve been following your progress with envy. Things are changing at Darlington. I gave up the day job effective the end of 2015 and January has been full of quilting. You’ll see in a subsequent post that I am picking up where I left off. In January, I completed two quilts and a small wall hanging. Pictures of the quilts are forthcoming, but I thought I would share a glimpse of my wall hanging with you. Would you believe this is my first wall hanging? I’m not really a decorator, but I’ve decided this year I will add some quilty decor to the sewing room. The inspiration for this came from the Mighty Lucky challenge sponsored by Lucky Spool. The challenge in January was to use bias tape to create a project. Here is my project.
I experimented with various widths of bias tape and found that the smaller width tape was a little easier to manipulate than the wider widths. Unfortunately, I didn’t order the wonder under tape suggested by the expert. I think it would have helped enormously. Also, I washed the wall hanging after I completed it. Normally, I love the wrinkly texture of my quilts when I pull them out of the dryer, but I don’t know that I will wash wall hangings in the future. The stiffness of an unwashed project probably displays better on the wall. All in all, mighty lucky was a fun experiment, but I’m not sure I will be incorporating bias tape into a lot of projects in the future.
Stay tuned…I look forward to sharing my other January finishes with you later in the week and I’m diligently working on the Project Quilting challenge this month. The prompt this month is thread and I’m well on my way to completing a runner to submit to the challenge. I hope you will join me.